New York New York

New York Travel Blog

Halfway home.  We are back in the JFK waiting area waiting for our jet for the final let home.  I am still not impressed with this airport.  We had a bit of a layover so we stopped to eat in the food court.  Not only was it highly over priced (expected) but it was hotter than I could believe.  The food court uses a opaque glass ceiling over the food court.  Probably saves the airport authority a bundle on lighting costs, but it acts like a green house.  We could only sit there for a short while.  We then moved down to the departure gates.  Another run through the security area that impressed me so much last time (not). You would think they would have this down to a science by now. Even the Customs and Immigration check through area was not run very efficiently.  Large crowd and only about 50 percent of the check areas were manned.

As I sit here waiting for our flight, I am looking around the waiting area.  We are sharing the area with a large group that is flying to Rome.  It is a hot, muggy day, and lets just say that the deodorant companies need to step up the advertising a bit.  And the ladies are cracking me up…It is a blue hair, big hair convention J

The boys are both quietly reading.  What a relief for a change.  I think they are both getting a bit tired, and will be more than ready to get back home.

As I sit here typing I can see a jet pulling up to another gate.  They must have a pretty strong union here for the guys that drive the little carts that tow the jets around.  When we pulled in on our leg from Heathrow, they would not let the pilot just drive up to the terminal.  He had to be towed.  The guy on the tow cart must have been in training.  Up and back, up and back.  It took him a few tries to get the darn plane just where it needed to go.  I am sure the pilot could have just drove right up and stopped it on a dime.  But can’t be having that. To many people need work in this city!

Well the blue, big hair ladies are all gone.  Now the gate is filling up with passengers that are definitely going to San Diego.  Who of thought that I would understand Spanish more easily than English spoken in London!  J

New York