AsiaChinaDalian

Settling in and making Dalian Home

Dalian Travel Blog

I will be living in Dalian for 2 months from May 20th- July 22! I am also to be visiting Beijing for a week or so to tour the Great Wall, the Forbid City and others as well! When flying into Dalian during the summer one needs to be prepared for a flight delay although mine was not delayed many are since this is a bay city surrounded by small mountains it traps humidity and smog making flight landings almost always difficult so during the summer it is normal to have ones flight delayed up from a few minutes or hours to a day!

The first couple os days spent here one may feel as I did if traveling alone (lonely, unadventurous and reluctant to get out).  I am living in an apartment purchased by my Company that has 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, kitchen, study, living room and deck! I believe it is larger than most apt. rooms although very small compared to others. There are many markets located in every district you would be hard pressed to not find some sort of market or store less than a Km away. In fact I believe that about every Km there are huge market streets located around or in the living areas.  One can find mostly every type of food they need except for a few specifics. In my local market one can find familiar vegetables, fruits, beverages and ect. Also China drinks either soy or whole milk. Cheese is nearly impossible to find in any local market around a normal/ typical living area one must ask locals to take them to a store to find cheese or any other foreign foods/ ingredients.

Dalian