waterfall hell but gorgeous to look at

La Fortuna Travel Blog

La fortuna waterfall

Well finally we did something adventurous other than eat a giant pizza, we trekked down to the Rio Fortuna waterfall and bloody hell it was the most amazing thing i have seen in a long time , it was so what i wanted it to be, the trek down was also great, seeing all the multi coloured butterflys and when i say butterfly, i mean ones that are like the size of your hand, in electric blue and deep yellow.. the trek down is easy i felt, tho liz had problems with her knees , its got a guide rope so if you feel the need to hold on, do it.  You get to the bottom of the canyon and if your brave you can swim in clear lagoon, i didnt because the water was too cold even for me , tho there was a group of Americans and they jumped in..

me at the la fortuna waterfall
we saw fish in the rio, and bright red dragonflys, tho try and take a picture of one lol...

The trek back up was a nightmare, well for me it seemed, as i had not brought any water with me, and duh... i forgotten my bloody inhaler!!! yes which is a daft thing to do, as liz kept telling me, it was awful my lungs just felt like they had exploded on me, and i was getting dizzy from the lack of fluids!! a sip of coca cola did not count from earlier, next time i am taking water with me!!!

i felt so bad for liz, because she was fine walking up the steps, but had to wait with me, while little kids and old ladies walked pass, but it hurt my lungs to much, and i felt i was gonna faint..

volcan arenal
. we managed to get the top and got a well deserved sit down...

We are going on another trip tonight, we are heading straight to the Volcano and see the lava as close as poss, then hike back, then get to do something i have always wanted to do!! Visit the volcanic hotsprings!!! that will be my reward for my efforts earlier... now how cheap do you think it is too do this kind of trip.... in dollars its $28 and so in english thats 14quid!!! that includes the transport, entrance fee for both the volcano and hotsprings, and a tour and the lava view!!! and as for th hotel which we paid up today, staying a extra two days... well each its 3quid a night!!! 3bloody quid!!! thats disgusting, i mean, wow!!!! it just shouldnt be!!!

well we are off for a agua con whatever, liz has pina i on the other hand, dont like these drinks  so i will have a coca cola, thing is, before i even came away, i never ever drank coke, and since i have i have drunk one everybloody day, and not the diet, but the full fat sugar one!!!!

La Fortuna