buses from Bolivia

Puno Travel Blog

Well we left Bolivia at 7am, and started the long days drive back into Peru, ugh one thing i hate about being a poor backpacker is bus travel that runs over 17hours in one day.  Bolivia left us still chilly, the country i felt is more behind with its tourism and needs more hostels, esp in La Paz, La Paz is ok for a few days excusion from Peru, but i dont think we would of stayed longer than a week, there wasnt much left to see, after the fabulous witches market and other arty markets.

The drive to Copacobana was long and winded, and made me feel once again ill.  We got there about 1pm, and stayed one hour til the next bus to Puno.  Immigration was once again simple, i am still shocked by the fact that the immigration ppl dont check bags.  We got our stamps sorted out, and changed up our Bolivios into Soles and i brought myself a Bolivian beer called Bock, which so far is up there with Scottish Special brew at 7%!!! Go Bolivia!!

We then re boarded the bus, and made our long long long way to Puno.

Puno, is a strange place, its only reason for it being busy is the Lake and the bus station, the city itself doesnt scream "look at me" but if your tired from travelling from Boliva or vice versa from Peru, its a place to stay.  The view of the lake to Puno is wonderful, sadly as i only brought with me my day sack, i didnt add extra batterys, so my photos of Boliva and the lake, constists of three pictures, one of La Paz, and two of the lake, and they arent that good.

From Puno we took the bus to Cuzco, this itself owns its own blog entry for the crazyness of what happened on that bus.

photo by: lrecht