Lost in Schipol - not I!

Amsterdam Travel Blog

Apparently the weather in Amsterdam was bad. I don't know, I slept from 20 minutes after take off from London until just before we got to our gate at Schipol Airport. The plane had to circle the airport for about 30 minutes before we could land.

I was travelling with a pretty fun group of people but they had no sense of direction! I was tasked with leading the four of us through the rather enormous terminal to our gate for the flight to Hannover. I stopped the fix my shoe and the other three wandered on ahead of me and were about to head down completely the wrong arm of the terminal by the time I managed to catch up with them. They also walked straight past the gate we were actually departing from! I had to shout after them because I thought they were just going to the toilet, but when they went past the restrooms I realised they weren't exactly paying attention.

Our flight toHannover was delayed for about 75 minutes, which wasn't too bad - it gave me a chance to check my internet connection, which was very strong on the laptop in the departure lounge. I pinged off a few emails and called my boss to let her know where I was. We had a coffee and I'll admit I fell asleep sitting at the table while the others chatted! I was so tired I was very glad to get on the (our very small plane - 2 seats and 2 seats!) aircraft and shut my eyes again.

homeres says:
dont u luv long days like these? they make for great stories...
Posted on: Jul 31, 2008