My stay of four days in San Francisco

San Francisco Travel Blog

The Golden Gate Bridge

I woke up at 6 o`clock in the morning and I was in the air at half past 12 on my way to San Francisco!

It was a nice but long flight to Cincinnati,  where I had my next plane to San Francisco.

The passport control was very strict, I had to put out of my shoes and a lot more ,  so I nearly missed my next plane,  because it took too much time, which I didn`t had.

After a taxidrive I came in the hotel at 4 o`clock in the night, there it was 9 o`clock in the evening.

After a good American breakfast with scrumbled eggs ( jammie! ) I took a look at San Francisco.

San Francisco is really beautiful, I love it!

The atmosphere was good, the gable cars funny and the people very friendly

It has a lot of sights, I saw The Golden Gate Bridge from various sides, it was really great!

From there I could see the Island Alcatraz, where I also have been.

Alcatraz

Alcatraz was very interesting and impressive.

I also visited Chinatown, but I couldn`t read anything, it was all Chinese!

They told me there are 80.000 Chinese in Chinatown and also told me they had the lucky cookies invented there, so not in China.

Also I saw Alamo Sqare, with the “painted ladies” these are the most photographed houses from San Francisco, wich survived the earthquake of 1989, they all have another color.

When you are standing on the hill near these houses, you have a magnificent view over skyline of SF!

Fisherman's Wharf is also a famous tourist attraction, there are a lot of shops and restaurants.

One shop only sold chocolate, that was my favorite of course!

There is a pier(39) with hundreds of seals, they have welcomed the pier for boats.

On Fisherman`s Warf you can eat a lot of fish if you like.

Everywhere in SF you can eat good food.

There is a restaurant called “ The Stinking Rose “ it`s  a restaurant where everything is prepared with garlic.

It is a known restaurant but I didn`t eat there, cause I don`t like garlic, well, the smell of it hahaha pffff !

I`ve also visited Muir Woods, one hour driving from SF, a relic of the virgin forests, wich ever grew along the entire California coast.

I also saw Sausalito from a distance, a beautiful place, but there was too little time left to see it on the first hand.

4 days were too short for all to see in San Francisco, but I won it with my Limmerick, so I`m grateful I got the chance to see it.

I`ve enjoyed my trip to San Francisco it was really great!

vances says:
The Stinking Rose is awesome --- their garlic mashed potatoes are right up there with frites!

:^)
Posted on: Jan 10, 2010
aggieaggie says:
Thanks!
Ja als je kan moet je er echt een keer heen, het is waanzinnig leuk, echt de moeite waard.
Posted on: Jul 01, 2008
fawkes66 says:
Lucky you! It´s one of my dream destinations....great to read your blog!
Posted on: Jul 01, 2008
City Hall
City Hall
Chinatown
Chinatown
Alamo Sqare, with the painted ladi…
Alamo Sqare, with the painted lad…