EuropeMaltaGozo

Jeep Safari around Gozo

Gozo Travel Blog

Azur Window

In the morning a minivan took us to the port. A little boat took us to Gozo. The sea was quite calm, so it wasn't a really bumpy ride. On Gozo a couple of jeeps were waiting for us. We were divided in groups and of we took. We saw a lot much on Gozo. I can not recall everything. But to get a hint of what I saw: Xlendi, Rambla Bay, Salt Pans, Victoria, Azur Window, offroad tracks.

You can see the Azur Window form two sides. From land, and from the sea. The jeeps brought us to a (calm) inland sea, were the little Maltese fishing boats were waiting for us. Through a cave we arrived in open sea. The open sea wasn't that calm. After a while some of us got sea sick. To keep their minds of that feeling, we started to sing. "My bonnie is over the ocean, my bonnie is over the sea..." It really worked! But after a while even that didn't help anymore, and some of us were really sick. Luckily, it wasn't me. Back on land we heard that we were the last ones taken to the Azur Window by boat because of the rough sea!

In a small town we tasted some Maltese liqueur and cheese. The Bajtra Liqueur (Maltese Liqueur from prickly pears) realy is delicious! At noon we stopped at a restaurant a had a meal with local meat, fish and desert. When it was time to head back to Malta, the sea was rough, so we were dropped of at the ferry. We took the ferry and at the other side, the minivan was waiting to take us back to our hotel.

Rambla Bay