EuropeItalyRome

Rome, Italy 3) Italy

Rome Travel Blog

Swiss Alps

Flying from London to Rome I took some photos of the Swiss Alps.   Once in Rome (Roma) we found our room, I took some photos of it too then we walked to the Coliseum and Pantheon.

Then next day was an adventure in its self.   We were walking to a subway station to go clean clothes (laundry) stopped at a park with a water fountain sat down and next thing I know Charity was on the ground passed out.

Swiss Alps from Airplane
  She hit her head on the brick payment causing a big bruise.  Well she was out people came around and called for help (911 here in the states) anyway the ambulance came and the police came.  They will not let you ride with your loved ones in the ambulance so I road in the back seat of the police car, that was once in a life time---I hope--- adventure, sirens blowing speeding down the small roads twisting and turning going to some place I had no clue where we were other than Rome.  Ended up at the hospital.

I was a bit nervous thinking how much will this cost me, we had no insurance but I had a credit card with a $10, 000 dollar limit on it I could use but what if it cost more?  I called the States and talked with Becky and my Mom we prayed and after several hours I finally got to see Charity who was awake but still very much out of it and could not even stand up.  They did many test even a catscan and I know that is expensive!

The doctor thought I was her husband – boy we laughed at that a lot throughout the trip!  Anyway it turns out if you go in by emergency vehicle in Italy the medical is free!  Praise God!  They had no clue or was not going to telling me what the problem was but finally she could walk some so we left where I got her a drink and called a taxi, because I had no clue where we were compared to our hotel.

Funny the taxi took us two blocks to our hotel….well spent because even two blocks was far for her to walk.  Got her in bed and brought back some food where she ate and slept for the next two days!  I had round trip tickets back to London; it was cheaper flights than one way, although we were not planning on using them as we were planning on taking the train from Rome.  Needless to say we did not do much those three days, she tried to go with me to do laundry but was feeling light headed again so I got her back to the room and then left.

Third day she felt better and was getting around so we went to the train station and headed for Venice.

Very small tub!