Before Trip to Europe - Rockford, IL

Rockford Travel Blog

Charity

I have a tradition, that started several years ago, of eating at Olive Gardens (an Italian restaurant) before leaving on an overseas trip so that is why the feast.

Why this trip? I was adopted at three days old and raised with two sisters, in 1985 I found my natural family and now all together I have 9 Sisters (two have died) and 7 Brothers.  One of my natural sisters, Becky, has had a tough life and never graduated from High School.  Becky has four kids " Charity, Curtis, Bridget and Amanda.  To encourage my nieces and nephew to graduate from High School I told them I would take them anywhere in the world for a graduation gift.  Thus Charity’s trip was Europe.

Before this trip I have made several trips to New York and Illinois where they have lived and spent time with my family.  Ok, so let’s begin: I flew from Texas to Chicago and rented a car and drove to Rockford spent a few days then we headed to the airport on our trip.  By the way I bought the tickets for this trip September 12, 2001 at 2:00 AM after the terrorist attacks, I though the price might jump up after that so I went ahead and got them later prices dropped and the plane was almost empty to London but full coming back.

KeikoCreative says:
I guess if now u plan a round Europe trip will be much different:P
Posted on: Jul 10, 2009
kingsheart says:
:) Thank you!
Posted on: Jun 07, 2008
michayla25 says:
Aww your such a nice uncle!
Posted on: Jun 07, 2008