Phili

Philadelphia Travel Blog

The Liberty Bell
Today Laurel showed us around Phili, and it was a lot of fun. It was great just to see Laurel, but the added adventure of a brand new city made this one of my favorite road trip stops.

We started with the Liberty Bell. Getting it out of the way, and it was pretty cool. Actually, it was VERY cool, because of the air conditioning (much appreciated!) Apparently some Philly schools were closed because of the heat--hilarious. Anyway, I thought of National Treasure the entire time. Not just at the Liberty Bell, in the entire city.

Before that we had to go and run up the Rocky steps. It was awesome. Very tiring though. There is a bronzed statue of Rocky outside the museum, I thought that was funny. We didn't go inside the museum, although it felt very cool, it was outside of our budget for the day.
Running up the Rocky Steps
This was sad, but to be expected on the last day of a road trip.

After paralell parking in West Phili we got cheesesteaks at Geno's and they were SO good. Whiz without, if you were wondering. Don't worry, we played the theme song to Fresh Prince while in West Philly, and sang along. We, of course, hit up the hard rock cafe for more pins and desert. Our waitress was not impressed that we had been to 5 HRC's in 4 days, but I am.

I'm not sure why we decided to go on a road trip with gas prices hitting record highs and an east coast heat wave, but we did. We're deffinitely feeling the affects of that right now, but whatever. It's been a lot of fun, I just wish more things were free! We get the complimentary breakfast at the Hampton Inn EVERY day, I just wish that it didn't require us to get out of bed before 10:00.

Running up the Rocky  Steps