Macon, Macon, Macon!

Macon Travel Blog

A carphone in Macon, Georgia
Today we visited Macon, and drove in downtown Atlanta. Driving in a big city was really scary. I almost hit two people.

In Macon, we went to Krystal (a big one on the restaurant list) for lunch, which was amazing. We also did a Grandparents-guided tour of the Macon architecture, went to the new Macon Diner for dinner, went to Kroger for some ice cream, drove by Nu-Way hot dogs, watched Big Brown build up, drank sweet tea, went to the farmer's market for boiled peanuts and peaches, and Patrick saw a cockroach. It was a lot of fun.

Hopefully we won't spend too much more money, but we're averaging about four more tanks of gas (at least), three hard rock cafe's, two more hotels and a partridge in a pear tree.

...ok, the hotels are already paid for, I just wanted a countdown. We also are doing the aquarium in Baltimore, which will be at least $30 (that's basic admission). It's been a good roadtrip so far, and it's only gonna get better!!

I loved being in Macon because, although Atlanta is really cool and has a metropolitan atmosphere, we really get to see Georgia in Macon. It's the real deal, with sweet tea and all! I had a great day with Pat's grandparents, the classic Georgian couple.

photo by: darcetta