Stroke, Stroke ....... Drink, Drink

Henley Travel Blog

Russ and Fergus were up early and we fixed a big BBQ breakfast, then packed a picnic hamper to take down to the river.  All the girls got glammed up and us blokes tried to do the same.  It was steaming hot though ... so ended up discarding my jacket.  It took a good hour to walk around to the other side of the river and find a tiny piece of real estate by the river where we were able to set up our picnic blanket and watch the rowing.  No one had any idea what the program was or what was going on .. so the illusion that the regatta was anything more than an excuse to eat and drink was pretty quickly shattered.  By early afternoon the alcohol and heat had kicked in and we needed a place to hide from the sun, drink some more and most importantly, watch the England vs Portugal match.  We staked out a place in a big Marquee and bought a round of very large beers.  That's about all I can recall.  The photos allowed me to peice the rest of the afternoon / evening together.  We had a great time, even though England were robbed.  I'll post some photos here when I get some from Russell or Fergus, mine don't do a good job of concealing my inebriation.
photo by: ElliBetty