AsiaChinaXiamen

Day 7 - Xiamen

Xiamen Travel Blog

Today we were pulling into our final port of call, Xiamen.  I had not heard of this location until looking at the cruise.  There were a number of tour options that we could take.  And as I was suffering from shopping withdrawal, we decided to take the tour option of visiting the local shopping area and just wander around without having a tour guide to have to worry about.  Once again, we were herded (just like sheep!) into several groups of 50 people or so to be allocated to bus transportation to the shoppping centre of the city.  Again the process of moving through passport control is quite well organised given there are literally hundreds of passengers to deal with at any one point in time.

The drive to the city centre drop off point was only 10 minutes and we were dropped off in the middle of a very busy pedestrian shopping area.  We wandered around two large department stores and bought a few things - nothing exciting - until we got to a very large music/dvd store.  Here we bought about 30 DVDs for a total of 10 yuan - not even $2 each!!!!!!!!!  I was a little worried about the quality, but found that they were able to check DVDs in the store - so we checked a few and ended up buying a whole swag of them - BARGAIN!!!!!!!

Back to the boat for a last night on board.  We were keen to soak up the atmosphere and to make sure we enjoyed the last night on the boat.  Can't believe how quickly the time went by on board the ship and I was not bored for one second.  But I guess all good things must come to an end......

Xiamen