Days 1 & 2 - Hong Kong May 9 - 10, 2009

Hong Kong Travel Blog

So, the first day of the big Griswald's like family holiday which I was very much looking forward to a little apprehensive about at the same time.  Travelling with my brother and mum and dad for the first time in as many years, I was a little nervous.  We were only going to be away for two weeks but I knew that it would fly by very quickly.  Having organised the trip, I was looking forward to it more than worrying about it so that was a good sign.

We were flying out on the Friday with a same day arrival planned.  The flight was fairly full and fairly uneventful.  The 9 hour flight went by very quickly and before you knew it we were in Hong Kong airport being greeted by the hotel staff at The Langham where we booked our transfer to the hotel.  We hadn't stayed at The Langham Hotel (Tsim Tsa Tsui) before but had gone off a number of recommendations and hotel revivews and were not disappointed.  The rooms were beautifully furnished and we were lucky to have gotten an upgrade - and didn't even ask!  Very exciting!

I love the vibe of the Asian countries as there is ALWAYS something happening.  I love that you can go and get something to eat at 2am in the morning and the fact that you won't be the only person thinking the same thing!  I love the food that is readily available and plentiful, and so much to choose from at such reasonable prices and so tasty!  Over the course of our two weeks I would have averaged eating out at Yum Cha probably every second day!  Yum!!!!!!!!  Although I have found that Hong Kong is getting busier and busier and unfortunately, sometimes people move too fast to even be pleasant, this is the exception and not the rule.

I love that you can check into a hotel in Hong Kong at pretty much any time of the day and drop your bags and go straight out to explore your surroundings and most importantly, feast on the great variety of food available!!!!!!!  So that's exactly what we did.

The next day we allocated the majority of our time to one of my favourite pastimes - shopping!!!!!  Given the current strength of the AUD, I could almost justify my listed missions to visit a number of stores and brands which are not available in Australia.