Finally made it to Ciudad Bolivar!

Ciudad Bolivar Travel Blog

Hello All,

Well the long trip is over.  I spent over 32 hours from start to finish to get here, but I am in Ciudad Bolivar.  I guess it is not so bad.  It is all the way across the country, and I did it for about $35.  I struck out on getting a hotel with wi-fi.  The only one was about $80, four times more then I ended up paying.  And I just couldn't justify it for two nights.

I checked into my hotel at about 10:30pm, and was immediately given the Posada's pitch for their Angel Falls trip.  It is about double what I expected, so tomorrow the shopping and comparing begins.

I hope that something is open tomorrow.  From my past experiences Sunday is not the best day to get anything done in Venezuela.  I will at least check out the city and the Orinoco River paseo.  I hear that it's very pretty, and it doesn't seem to be too hot here.

There may not be any posts for a few days until I reach Isla Margarita.  I doubt there will be any internet where I am going.  As a matter of fact there may not be any beds where I'm going.  That's right, it may be time for Phil's first hammock sleeping experience.

Later, Phil