So long, Farewell

Ko Samet Travel Blog

This is Pedro, my trusty steed

So, Ko Samet was a great place to while away the days.

We spent 8 days there in total, and it was hard to leave! We rented a moped from our resort so that we could get around easier. I had never ridden anything except a bicycle before so was a bit apprehensive but we had no accidents, we are still in one piece, and the bike has no dents in it so I think I did pretty well. The majority of the roads on the island were not actually roads, more like dirt paths that have been worn in by the heavy useage. They were very bumpy, went alternatively very steeply up to very steeply down, and when it rained got very,very muddy!

We drove to a beach on the other side of the island to try and see the sunset but it was rather cloudy so didnt get to see much clearly, it did however have some stunning views.

Fire show on the beach
We did go the next day to a view point higher up the hill to the beach and got some stunning views out across the water. We spent a few days there, reading and chilling out as there was a very nice breeze and hardly saw anyone.

We spent most evenings down at one of the restaurants on the beach. They lay out mats on the sand and set out little low tables with futon type seats we sit on. At night the tide comes in until it is about three foot away from the end of the mats so it is a very nice atmosphere to relax in. We also saw several fire shows there, a group of six men (well two were 12 year old boys) who had performed impressive routines. We were particually impressed by the two young ones who were very skillful.

We have finally had to say goodbye to our peaceful time on Ko Samet. We caught the boat back to Nuanthip Pier and got a coach back to Bangkok where we spent the night before heading to the airport to catch a plane to Hong Kong. Back to travelling!!

Ko Samet