Back to Brussels

Amsterdam Travel Blog

How would you like to find your bike in this rack?

Rob and I met up for breakfast and then checked out and stored our bags at the hotel.  We wanted to spend a bit more time in Amsterdam before heading back to Brussels.

We walked over to the Waterlooplein and saw a 3D movie called 'The Holland Experience.'  It was informative, but a little corny.  Although I knew that much of the country was below sea level, I did not know that Schipol Airport was totally below sea level!  I also learned the the Netherlands is the 3rd largest exporter of agricultural products in the world, but only has .0008% of the land mass.  That's leverage!

We walked back down to Central Station via the Red Light District.  It's very different during the day, LOL.  We stopped at Cafe Luxembourg and had dim sum for our lunch.  They had a nice patio out front for us to set outside on the sidewalk and watch the people walking and biking by on a Sunday.  I did have to get a photo of an area where bikes were parked.  There must have been a thousand bikes there.  I would hate to have to try to find my bike in that mass!

We caught an afternoon train back to Brussels.  The ride was pretty uneventful.  Rob napped most of the way, and I read.  Just as we were nearing the train station at Brussels North, I looked down and saw nearly naked women in windows in apartments just below the elevated track.  Evidently we had found the Red Light District in Brussels!

hummingbird50 says:
I think you need to have some type of your car when opening the lights many bikes there is that just a normal day?
Posted on: Jun 08, 2008
How would you like to find your bi…
How would you like to find your b…
At the Holland Experience