Heading out light

Milwaukee Travel Blog

Just 3 hours until I have to be at the airport for my trip to San Francisco and this year I am planning on going light. One suitcase filled with my necessities and a backpack filled with some things to keep me busy during my 4+ hour direct flight. The "light" part is me without my laptop. Yes, my friends... I am traveling this year to my business/pleasure weekend in California without my best friend by my side. Why? Because my husband says I need a weekend of relaxation. How can I relax without my laptop?? *laugh*

So, I have conceeded to leave my beautiful friend at home and will only be bringing my Blackberry (yeah, I know - cheating a bit), my iPod, a notebook, a good book, and my small camera. Although I can still check my emails and surf the Internet from my Blackberry, it won't allow me the same gratitude of sitting in front of a wide screen top of the line laptop, will it? *laugh* I understand the logic and honestly, I will be way too busy experiencing San Francisco to have time to be on my laptop. But I can still feel a sense of sadness, right?

So, this begins my first entry for this particular trip. Now it is time for me to shower and pack... for I have a plan to catch and memories to make.