Last Day in Amsterdam and Zurich

Zurich Travel Blog

A strange statue in Zurich
We woke up today, had breakfast with our roommate Marie, and then headed toward Centraal Station to figure out what we were doing next on our trip. There we met friendly fellow travelers who might be in Rome around the same time as us, and we got their contact info. After booking our tickets and putting our bags in a locker, we walked to an internet cafe and booked a hostel in Milan for one night. We walked around until we found a grocery store and bought some bread, cheese, chicken, olives, water, and mango juice. We ate on some chairs outside of a church in the sun. We also bought a simcard for our phone that would work throughout Europe.

While walking around we found an awesome toy store with every possible action figure imaginable. Unfortunately, the owner wouldnt let us take pictures when we asked him.
Adnan and I in a park
We then walked to Vondelpark and I took a nap by the lake while Adnan talked to Maria. Then we walked toward Centraal Station, stopping by a few souvineer shops and the grocery store on the way.

We barely made it to the train, and the sleepercar had 6 people to a room. Adnan and I were on the middle bunk. We ate some bread, olives and cheese, drank some mango juice, and then passed out When we woke up, we were a few minutes in Zurich.

There is absolutely nothing to do in Zurich. We had an espresso at one coffeeshop, then we had another coffee at a Starbucks while sharing childhood stories. Ironically, talking at a Starbucks for two hours is something we could have easily done in the U.S., but something about doing it in Switzerland made it more meaningful and enjoyable. Now we are killing time in an internet cafe before taking the 7 o'clock train to Milan in time to experience the nightlife.
An artistic shot in a coffeeshop