change of plans... maybe

Manila Travel Blog

I just found out today that there were some minor change of plans in my office; vacation leave-wise and money-wise, which is to my advantage really since that would give me an opportunity to extend my vacation--so instead of going back to Manila on the 30th from Singapore, I just might... just might... re-book my air asia and Cebu Pacific flight  to a later date. Woohoo! Which is just an actual excuse to let loose and party more in Thailand and Malaysia perhaps or maybe Laos, who knows!? The meet-up in BKK on the 21st is getting me riled up and excited; this is my first TB meet-up (I just joined TB less than a week ago) and a lot of us meeting in BKK might decide to go somewhere unplanned--the nomads will be planning an unplanned nomad trip, if that makes any sense! I'm thinking we'll scour the depths of the Thai beaches or just wander around in the city hopping from temple to temple and eating street food maybe :-).
Paulina, a fellow Filipina(o) that I have been exchanging messages with for the past few days has the same excitment as I have. We're both travelling solo for the fist time and will have our first meet-up in BKK the next week or so... i'm getting mixed emotions with this meet-up but all in a positive way; imagine strangers (almost) from different nationalities sharing different cultures colliding in one room or event. It's like the world at your fingertips only with more colors, and you 're in it.
Two more days and it's Saigon for me...
I am very much looking forward to this accidental journey that I have stumpled upon.
...let my learning begin! :-)

btw here's the meet up link in BKK on the 21st:

ted332 says:
I'd love to go Bkk pare, specially makikita ko ulit sila New and company pero sabay kasi sa sched ko ng trip to Java(Borobodur)June 18-23. Excited na nga ako...:) Enjoy your SEA trip pre... kwentuhan tayo later. Nga pala si ice9van nag-aaya sa Anawangin Cove. Pag-usapan natin after SEA tour... :):)
andiboi says:
thanks ted :-)
na-add ko na si New, she's helping out with the meet-up.
I think i'll be meeting some of the TBs in Malaysia too, i think.
Ikaw? tara na! sunod na sa bangkok :D
ted332 says:
Meet-up w/ Thai TBs around is great fun. Don't worry the Thai TBs are super bait at accomodating. We had the first official Bangkok meet-up last April 18 grabe ang saya. Add mo sina www.travbuddy.com/dodge and www.travbuddy.com/newtampo www.travbuddy.com/areeya and sa Malaysia naman sina ernabutterfly, alanapril82, parwaiz . Okay at mababit and kaibigan ko sila lahat.
Manila