BKK meet-up

Bangkok Travel Blog

dodge, new and aioh

Bangkok is the city I am most looking forward to in this SEA trip. In spite of its super humid climate I still fell in love with this city, but right now this is the most lazy I have been compared to the activity I’ve had with Saigon and Siem Reap. I wake up late and I sleep whenever I can, and usually that’s after a few drinks of cocktails or beer… why is it (I think) that travel is synonymous with drinking and merrymaking hehe need I wait for an answer? I was here last Thursday and its already a Monday and not once have I visited a temple, I promised myself to go back to grand palace and pay the B250 this time since I was such a cheapo last March and decided not to pay the entrance to the temple thinking that it was the same ole Buddha that I’ll be seeing… which I found out later from several people that you haven’t visited Bangkok unless you have seen the Emerald Buddha.

…well, I’ll be going there today after writing this, I do have to change my fisherman shorts and sandals to be able to enter the Palace.

Dodge, New and Aioh

I wanted to see the floating market too and the railway on River Kwai, but I just forgot to book a tour last night and I’m leaving tomorrow for Penang via train. Oh, well. I think that’s just another excuse to go back to Bangkok next time.

…and who knows there might just be another TB meet-up then. And I just have to add that the meet-up last Saturday was a blast. I had fun chattering the night away with Thai TBs. Aioh who was a self-confessed photoholic kept clicking on her camera and getting shots, well I’m not complaining the more shots the better, I think for every 10 shots I get there’s 1 good one that will come out and that’s on a good hair day, and sometimes there’s just isn’t any for me hahaha. New who looked like a teenager in her pictures was friendly and didn’t hesitate chatting with me about nonsense stuff and adventures that she had with a taxi one drunken night haha (wink,wink)… May (Tazmania) the girl who is into rock n’ roll and making it her lifestyle is traveling to Belgium late this year because of that passion…she’s soft-spoken but I can just see her rocker chic persona waiting to explode hehe.

w/ Jin jumping in
Jean a Singaporean who cam with Dodge had lots of stories and information about her country. I got a tip from her on where to go to Singapore for budget gadgets�"Funan, just a few blocks from the City Hall MRT station. She will be joining TB thanks to Dodge ;-), and Oh, I have to thank New (newtampo) big time coz she was the one who told me about Pantip Plaza in Bangkok, I got the mini laptop that I am using right now on super sale because of her. Dodge who was the cutest of them all, awwww had a foot injury that night which was sad really because I wasn’t able to take her to the dance floor, I think I mentioned I knew how to dance the Swing a bit, and I think I mentioned break dancing too hahaha and I thought I wasn’t that woozy yet.

Thank you Thai TB peeps plus one; because of you guys I will never be hesitant to ride a taxicab in BKK again.

…Pay Rhambuttri?

…taxi driver says “200 Baht”

…….”Chan ja bok tumruad!!!”

geek_goddess_jolie says:
were you the only guy there? wow, u had the thai cuties all to yourself! aba big pimpin, playah!
Posted on: Jan 05, 2010
dodge says:
Ahahahaha I hope you manage to get away from the taxi after "Chan ja bok tumruad" :p
Posted on: Jul 01, 2008
aiohdmg says:
Hahaha..its remind me tht u said "Chan ka bok Tumruad" after we get in the Taxi!! haha..Good pratice!!!
Haha dont speak to the taxi during u be alone and still in the car!..hahaha..

I also have a greattime and nice to meet u here!! Yeah Heah..Okey , Nexttime let's Dodge and us compete dancing..Ohhh Yeah..
Posted on: Jun 22, 2008
w/ Jin jumping in
hey! everyones drinking water? I…
hey! everyone's drinking water? I…
with New
with New
New and Aioh
New and Aioh
me, Aioh, and Jin
me, Aioh, and Jin
Aioh taking a photo of me and Dodg…
Aioh taking a photo of me and Dod…
Bangkok