Garlic Chicken and cheese on toast.

Chelmsford Travel Blog

The night before our road trip to Antwerp, me and my fellow road trippers met up at Warrens house in Chelmsford for a catch up etc before our early morning start. I got there about 4.30 pm to find our wheels in bits! From what I understand there was a problem with the engine so Warren had taken it to bits to fix it. After then deciding that it was more broken than first realised, he began ringing round all the hire car places to try and find one that was open and actually had any cars for hire. None of them had any or were shut. At this point we were thinking of alternatives to Antwerp that involved staying in Chelmsford! A few phone calls later, one of Warrens lovely friends came to the rescue and said we could borrow her car. Antwerp here we come!! We went to pick it up and headed to the train station to pick up Lori, Alex and his friend Sophie who was visiting from Oz.

We had a pleasant evening. I'd started on the wine earlier and was feeling mellow. Warrens mum had roasted a chicken earlier, which was chillin in the oven so we tucked into that. It was so tasty. We carried on drinking and chatting and watching nothing in particular on tv. Later Warren made us all cheese on toast and then I think I fell asleep. Think we all called it a night at just after midnight.
Chelmsford