An interesting morning at terminal 4

London Travel Blog

The last time I flew from Heathrow I used T5 and was very impressed by the place. I was flying BA to Houston but due to the T5 problems this particular flight was leaving from T4. Terminal 4 felt very claustrophobic. The check in area was very narrow and quite busy even at 7am. I couldn't check in on line for this flight so had to do it the old fashioned way.
Now, one of my pet hates is rudeness. T4 has lots of it. Every shop I went in snatched the card out of my hand and was talking to someone else during the whole transaction. Didn't even look me in the eye once! Then just handed the card back still while talking to someone else. RUDE!!!
I would also like to mention the treatment by BA staff to an elderly lady on my flight. She was driven to the gate on one of those buggies and seated right by the gate so she could get on first. She had real trouble walking unsupported and I think she was waiting for a wheel chair. When they started boarding one of the ground staff ushered her onto the walk way. I didn't take much notice until I went to board and found out it wasn't a walk way, it was four flights of stairs and then a bus ride to the aircraft. I heard someone saying on the bus that they had found the lady hanging onto to the hand rail for dear life. I was disgusted. The cabin crew, on the other hand though, were great.
So I settled into my middle seat waiting for my neighbours to arrive. Boy, was I in for an interesting one. The guy on my left had a serious bad breath issues. I thought I was gonna pass out on several occasions.
Other than that the flight was pretty uneventful. I had loads of wine and a G & T and watched some really good films.

I arrived in Houston at just after 2pm. took ages to get through immigration as usual. Ian was there to meet me and it was so good to see him again after 3 years. We had a 3 hour drive to San Antonio to catch up on a lot of stuff and stop for burgers. This was going to be a really good week.
London