Estephanie and Wayne leaving Bratislava.

Bratislava Travel Blog

Me and Estephanie.

The day after the meetup we got up around 8.30am and started to get ready. Estephanie and Wayne planned to take the train at 10:40am to Vienna, we should have enough time I tought.

Taking shower, packing, breakfast, last pictures together…we left a little bit later then I supposed. Not too much later, just a couple of minutes later. Nothing tragic. But I forgot the traffic, damn. We were missing the train as the train station we were heading to is a bit far from my place. Our connection bus just left in front of us, bad luck.

Don’t ask me how, I guess Hermes, the Greek god of the travellers, was in a very good mood that day, but we arrived at the station in time. While Wayne ran to keep the doors of the train opened, I kept the door to the platform opened and Estephanie bought the tickets, everything ran pretty chaotic.

Wayne and me.
But isn't it like this when it works the best sometimes?

Half minute before the train departed my two travelbuddies were suddenly sitting inside. Hey, the whole meetup seemed to be under a lucky star, a travelbuddy karma or something, nothing could go wrong. In the moment I was waving them the last goodbye I knew I'm gonna miss all the great people I just met.

Oh man, all these travbuddy meetups are pretty addictive, I need to find out which one I can join next. A real travelbuddy Che Guevara would probably say: "Travbuddy meetup o muerte", hahaha. (Travbuddy or death for those who don't understand a word in Spanish).

skimonty83 says:
oh no, just my own experience. Trying to make a connection from one end of the airport to the other with 9 people and the plane we depart on is suppose to leave about 5 minutes after we land. We got a little help from the airlines on that one. The closed the doors right after our last person came on.
Posted on: Jul 24, 2008
skydiver says:
Have you met them personally as well? :-)
Posted on: Jul 23, 2008
skimonty83 says:
Those close calls are always the most fun, especially when they work out.
Posted on: Jul 23, 2008