Sapa Adventure

Sapa Travel Blog

June 12th to 14th: Sapa mountainous region marked the last destination of my trip. We spent the day touring the rest of Hanoi and boarded a first class sleeper bound for Lao Cai train station. It was a bumpy 8 - 9 hours overnight ride where we hardly were able to catch any sleep at all. Got to know 3 other travellers from HK and Denmark in the same bunk. Upon reaching Lao Cai next morning, we proceeded to board a mini bus which went round along the mountain roads for about 45 minutes before reaching the Sapa Summit Hotel. The weather was cold in the morning and the predominant tribe residing in Sapa is the Black H'mong tribe, identified by their almost black clothes with some designs on them. I bought lots of titbits for the children but they weren't the least interested i guess. They were more interested in getting me to purchase more handmade accessories, bags etc from them. We spent a few days trekking through the beautiful mountains and waterfalls and having meals with the other villagers at the foot of the mountains. It was an eye opener and an enriching experience really.. Time passed by too fast and it was time to say goodbye to Sapa the following night. Took the train back to Hanoi the next morning and collected my belongings from the hotel which had so kindly helped me to look after my luggage at no charge. Thereafter went for breakfast at the airport before home sweet home again... Oh, Hanoi Hanoi, see ya someday again, dun forget our date!
photo by: Paulovic