Golden Gate Clam Chowder in Bread huh?!

San Francisco Travel Blog

Today I got a VIP tour of San Francisco from my friend Hannah. We headed up to Golden Gate beach, driving the long way around the bay because I think Hannah has some kind of phobia about using the bridge! I questioned her twice about WHY we added 20 miles to the trip but all I got was 2 subject changes... Hmmm!!!

After an hour of negotiating traffic we eventually arrived at the beach. Hannah started walking straight in to the sand - her shoes filling instantly! She refused to take them off and spent the entire time shuffling. We grabbed a few shots of the bridge and watched a large group of filipinos throwing each other into the water. Hannah watched for a few moments just in case she knew any of them?? WHAT?!

I waited patiently while the sand was removed from her shoes and we made our way up to Lands End.
It's not as dramatic as Lands End in England but the surf pounds the rocks and seagulls hover effortlessly in the wind above the cliffs. After being cooled down it was time to make our way to Fisherman's Wharf where I was introduced to Clam Chowder - in a hollowed out sour dough bread roll. It was just what I needed, although I couldn't quite work my way to the bottom through the gritty clam.

By the time the waiter came with our bill it was dark outside so we drove to Twin Peaks to photograph the city - this is some sort of make out point that you see in movies!!! Amazing views, little light.. I was half expecting a cop to knock on the window with a torch! After that Hannah took me to Treasure Island - it was freezing cold, windy but the bay bridge and night lights were fantastic. Cold and tired I returned home!
Me and Mike
Me and Mike
Ahh I hate pics at the best of tim…
Ahh I hate pics at the best of ti…
Hannah and Mike