Timing is everything

Los Angeles Travel Blog

Nhi - Pick me up
As my plane approached LAX my hands started to get wet.

The last time I landed at LAX my plane had to make an emergency take off to avoid a plane still on the runway but this time as we descended for landing an air hostess was sitting right in front of me and noticed my nerves, so she started to talk to me. For someone who hates flying, I sure do it a lot. After a while you get over hating and start to love its familiarity. This is my third time to LA I told her in the last 3 months and now I was being asked the same question everyone else had been asking, why would you go back to the same place so often?

Indiana Jones hat in my bag
The third time, you're there for the people you've met and that's why I travelled 7,000 miles from the Great Britain to a city with 1/3 the population of my country =)

I strolled expertly through the airport terminal, dodging people from my flight while tapping messages into my cell phone. Nhi was on time. As I waited for my bags at terminal 6 I could see her smiling outside in the car. Smiling back, I trotted out and gave her a big hug before returning to the baggage belt but our timing is off as a parking officer moves her on, just as my bag drops on to the belt.

Outside I get a phone call; COME BACK - She can't turn right and she orders me to Terminal 7/8 immediately =) So, I begin sprinting down the sidewalk, dodging again but at much higher speeds =) with two roller bags. Finally, I make it to her car and we discover her trunk (Boot) is so packed with random stuff that we have to use the back seats for my luggage. I am sure she has no idea what is in there.

That evening I am not permitted to rest and get taken straight to a restaurant somewhere on Sunset with "LA crew" - Jenn, Tracy, Nhi and Joy. My head was fuzzy from being catapulted back 9 hours in time but it was nice to see everyone smiling and happy. They are now part of my SoCal family and it was great to see everyone. I just wish they hadn't taken so many pics of me and then posted them up!! COME ON! I will get you all back for that.
CosmicTen says:
"The first time you visit a place, you form an impression. The second time you revisit the places you liked and try to visit a few things you missed.
Indiana Jones hat in my bag
The third time, you're there for the people you've met..."

Absolutely! Especially when you fall for the place on the first visit.
Posted on: Jun 10, 2008
hirondellenhi says:
You need that excercise right after landing to get blood running through your body again you know! hahahaa!!
Posted on: Jun 05, 2008