The trip here

Dammam Travel Blog

My Sunday began at 14:00 with me travelling to JHB where I met an 21:30 EtiHad filght to AbuDabhi and then went to the boarding gate to me the Etihad filght to Dammam. Where no filght seemed to be happening I queried to be informed it had been cancelled and they where starting to re-route all pasengers via Bahrain. So my flight was changed and of to bahrain I went now about 2 hours behind schedule to meet my driver in Dammam. So we land in Bahrain and then put on busses to Dammam or so i thought and all the other 90 odd passengers. 4 hours later we finally arrive in Al-Khobar which we have been told by the airways will be the first drop point. Foolish once again the dropp us all off so here I am first time in Saudi dumped in a strange city with one telephone number for the guy making my travel arrangements and a cellphone that does not work here.

Then I discover the world still shines upon me as Mr peter baker from SBG in South Africa says no problem he is being fetched here they can drop me in Dammam they only place they know is the Crown Hotel. So I agree and he lends me his phone to call the travel guy who makes all the arrangemnts for me to be fetched from there and driven to the Holiday Inn which I arraive at about 18:30 on Monday where my new boss is waiting to take me to dinner. Went to a fine Pakistan restaurant but was poor company I thinjkas I was a bit Zombie like and will leave about 20:30 to start my first day at the office.
photo by: yanice