Arriving in Akumal, The Land of Turtles.

Akumal Travel Blog

Akumal Bay.
Austin now has a new south terminal at the airport that is, for now, exclusively used by Viva Aerobus.  This isn't a new airline, only new to us.  It's based in Mexico, and conveniently, has come to my town, and adverstized some pretty fantastic prices.  For the first time we have direct access to Cancun.  No more flying through Houston or Dallas and making a 2 1/2 hour flight into a 4-5 hour ordeal.  So, my parents and I took advantage of this opportunity.  Did I mention good prices?  We're talking $200 or $300 less than typical prices.  We booked ours for $177 round trip.

So we flew into Cancun, no worries, no delays.  Nice flight, good service, no less than I expected.
A beer with Mom at the Beach Bar.
  However, when we arrived, the rental car company that I had made reservations with was nowhere to be found.  That sucks.  I knew there was something fishy about them advertizing prices that were so much cheaper than the competition.  Oh wellz, just a small hitch in the otherwise flawless plans.  We found another rental car company to give us a deal that was very close to what we had budgeted for.  Word.

We hopped in our tiny little "Chevy", and made like a tree and left.  Right?  That don't make no sense.  And then an hour later we were in Akumal!  Woohoo!  I hadn't been there in a year, and had never driven it myself, but  I still remembered the exit and all the directions (not that it was very difficult).

Settled into our cabana, we rested for a bit then hit the beach bar for a tottie and a view of the beautiful Caribbean and the white sand beach.  Yesssssss!  Que lindo, Mexico!
rintjez says:
Traveling is FUN when something went wrong :) That's just the beauty of it :)

Woww... still remember all the directions in Akumal after away for a year? GREAT JOB!
Posted on: Jun 17, 2008
A beer with Mom at the Beach Bar.
Our cabana at Hotel Club Akumal Ca…
Our cabana at Hotel Club Akumal C…
Akumal cabana.