Alternatives to eating and shopping in Hong Kong

Hong Kong Travel Blog

Wakeboarding
Hong Kong is a beautiful, sophisticated metropolis.  I love visiting.  I was born there, but had left when I was very young.  So every other summer growing up, I would return to find a new building or subway station.  It's an ever-changing, dynamic city.

On my most recent trip, I had the opportunity to go wakeboarding.  Most visitors AND locals just eat and shop in Hong Kong, missing all the wonderful nature trails and islands that surround the city.  Wakeboarding allowed me to enjoy and see the outdoors / nature side of HK.  Getting to the location for wakeboarding is complicated.  I went with friends-in-the-know, so we drove there.  But the guide who took us on his boat has a great website and map that tells you exactly how to get out there.  www.
dennischan.com

When in Hong Kong, you have to go to Lan Kwai Fong (aka LKF).  It's the nightlife hub of HK!  There, you can find clubs and bars to accommodate for any taste - from techno dancing to British taverns, and even Middle Eastern-themed hookah pipes / bar.

Crossing between Kowloon and Hong Kong Island will never be the same again.  I, LUCKILY, had the opportunity to take the Star Ferry from Tsim Sha Tsui to Central one last time before it was closed for relocation.  The iconic clock tower of the Star Ferry terminal was taken down on Nov 11, 2006.  While the Star Ferry will have a newer, bigger, and better terminal just 15 mins away from its original location, I am already nostalgic of the old ferry terminal and its iconic image at the foreground of Hong Kong's harbour view.  However, I am sure taking the ferry across the harbour is still worthwhile to do in Hong Kong.
Lan Kwai Fong
Crossing the Harbour (view of Hong…
Crossing the Harbour (view of Hon…
Hong Kong