Preparing for San Diego

San Diego Travel Blog

I'm only going down there to work at the Del Mar Fair so my needs are minimal. I know I need something to wear at work (collared t-shirt, jeans, comfy shoes) and pajamas for night-night time. My daughter and I will be staying at our friends house and sleeping together in their BIG bed. For my Mondays off I'll need a swimsuit, towel, flip-flops, lotion.

Food will be interesting! I can't eat anything with gluten in it and I find that fairs and restaurants are woefully ignorant of my needs. As a result I don't eat out EVER anymore. I need to pack things I know I can eat which means regular visits to the store for fresh fruits and veggies, rice, cheeses and corn tortillas. I'm so glad I'm not allergic to corn and milk!

I'll pack my Bible and study guide (I'm doing a Beth Moore study and LOVING it), a mechanical pencil, a few magazines, some CD's of Christa Selah's, my laptop, camera, cell phone, make-up, toiletries, etc. I can't forget to take the necessary chargers! *makes note*

The whole purpose of working this summer (I'm a drama teacher during the school year and I make plenty of $$ to get us through a summer of unemployment every year) is to pay for the missionary trip to Rwanda in August. I need to keep that focus in mind as I'm getting tired after six 12 hour shifts a week for three weeks.