AsiaJapanTokyo

Alone! I like the stronger experiences (updated)

Tokyo Travel Blog

Nozomi

My first Shinkansen was good, my Hikari didn't look so cool as a Nozomi, this Hikari looks so old but it was in perfect state and confortable. I was really surprised about they're exactly on time, but unfortunately I couldn't see the Mount Fuji.

Tokyo

Once arrived at Tokyo Main Station, a little bit scared because Hannie's (TB Darlingwish) comments about how she get lost there, I spend like 20 minutes to find an exit, but not so much complicate.

Locating Capsule Hotel

Once on the street , I have the direction and on the map looks so easy to find...WRONG!

I begin to walk looking for  the subway station that is really closer hotel, but I spend like 60 min to locate the correct street, but I cant find the Hotel :p finally , I found on the street many people on a building entrance and I ask them.

Capsule Hotel entrance!
OMG what a helpfull people!! Even without speak english...They went to look for a map and try to find the direction at that moment I felt that I will never get lost in Japan.

So once I found the "apple" I try to find the hotel, but NO WAY, so I come to a kind of travel agency  on a 1st floor to ask for the hotel...They don't know but the boss comes with me to look for the hotel, we descend the stairs and looks at the building and suddently he comes in to a kind of shop with many vending-machines, the reception was there!!!  They don't know who was their neighbour! The capsules looks so old, but not to bad, I have to confess that I wanted to be in a really small and claustofobig capsule, but it wasn't.

Meiji Jingu

For me, is the best shrine of japan is a must.

I took the subway closer hotel and after a couple of changes I arrive to an station closer there, 5 minutes walking let me come in the entrance, OMG I felt so small, there in the middle of a forest so pacefull, so calm, make me feel so good!! Clean my hands  (first wait to some other japanesse do it, he he he) and I also see a kind of cerimony that5 I didn't understand.

Meiji Jinju
So I make my first prayer of this tryp and didn't ask nothing for me!!! After that I have a dinner there and let's go on!!

Weird in Shibuya

Once I exit Meiji Jingu I decide to go to Shibuya walking...20 minutes, but people were looking at me, WTF! They look at me so weird! Look how are they dressing!! lol , but I know why, because I was singing or talking by phone on the street :p Finally I arrive at the famous cross... and cross it in all directions...like 4 or 5 times lol!!! Take a look at the Love Hotels Hills, but most of them were closed because was like 3 or 4 PM. The clothes shops were so cool(Japanesse style of course lol) and lot's of electronic shops.

Cross
  Also take a pic with Hachiko, the famous dog statue he he he. NOW I CAN SAY THAT I'M UBERCOOL, COZ EVEN PEOPLE IN SHIBUYA LOOK ME WEIRD...COZ I'M MUCH MORE COOL THAN THEM  :P

Roppongi and Mori Tower

For being sincere I didn't know what to do here, except to go at the Top of Mori Tower (300m) and having a 360ยบ sight of Tokyo, let's you have an Idea the places you have been before and also Mount Fuji stills hiding away from me AGAIN :p. I found an Aquarioum on the roof so I take a look...not so much interesting :p.

Before going to hotel I gone to Sunjiki for having a look how to arrive there early morning and don't waste time and finally to the hotel to have a shower and change cloths for dinner in Ginza!!

But I missunderstood the receptionist and I come to the shower, only with a towell covering my parts :p , take a shower and a bath.

...relaxing!!!

Lost in Ginza for twice!

To find a direction in tokyo is really dificult, I get lost 3 times and when I say lost is that I spend more than an hour to reach the direction.

For locating the restaurant(Lonely planet sugestion) I spend like 1 hour and when I find it, It was an Music-school !! lol!

The return was specially patetic, I turn back at night a little bit "happy" (2 beers and almost no food)  I can't find the hotel where I was this noon, WTF!, I had spended more than 1h 30 minutes to find it!! I thinked that I haved a doctorate finding adresses but nothing!!

What happened? That my hotel where closer to Ginza than I imagine and I was walking and SINGING (phones) on the street and when I begin to search the hotel's street it was rear me so I made all the street in both directions and even arrived to the TOKYO main station.

Ginza at night

I will make a tip about how to locate directions in Tokyo (and the rest of JAPAN)

ratu says:
;)
Posted on: Nov 20, 2008
YantiSoeparno says:
I salute you for the experience, Li'l Mouse ;-)
Posted on: Nov 20, 2008
Others stuff
Other's stuff
?
?
My boy, I love this phone!
My boy, I love this phone!
Tokyo main station
He he he
He he he
Tokyo Hotels & Accommodations review
Capsule Hotel
WTF a city with millions of people and I can't find a TB that help me! So I take a look at Lonely Planet and chose this one because was closer Toky… read entire review
Tokyo