Back to reality - price wise

Singapore Travel Blog

We had around 5 days on the island, two of which were with the group. The first thing that hit us was the prices had shot back up to what we were used to, Singapore is a fully developed place - gutted! Our group leader took us on a brief walk through the chinatown and into the financial area towards the harbour. The areas were very distinct and so many different areas and cultures were very close together. Our final group meal was in a open air Mexican/tapas restaraunt and was a fitting end to a great 3 weeks. We said goodbye to most of the group and me and Cat packed our bags, AGAIN, and headed to our new hostel. It was right next to and MRT (subway) station and was the first time we would be sharing rooms with other people! We had a great time and the owners and people were fantastic. Singapore is where Cat took me for my first proper curry, low and behold, I actually quite enjoyed it!!!! we explored all of the city by walking and a city bus tour just to get some local information on what we were looking at. We visited Raffles bar - home of the Singapore Sling - a famous coctail, and the only place in Singapore where littering is allowed! albeit nut shells only! On our final night we took the bus over to Sentosa island, a man-made island resort on the south end of singapore. We watched a show "Song of the Sea" on the beach which was very hi-tech but also pretty babyish and before we knew it we were at the airport and off to Bali.