Sagada, No Matter What

Sagada Travel Blog

with best bud Dan

I have always dreamed of travelling to what most travellers consider as one of Philippines' most beautiful destinations- Sagada. After three times of cancelling my trip due to bad weather (Sagada is located in the mountain province of Luzon and it's dangerous to travel here during rainy days), my longing to see this paradise just kept getting stronger. Knowing this was my last remaining weekend to finally do Sagada as rainy season is already making its presence felt with two typhoons hitting Manila in the last two weeks, I finally called it a go last Thursday.

I was determined to travel alone but I just tried giving my best buddy a call to invite him on the 11th hour. By 11PM, we were already on our way to the bus terminal.

There are two ways to reach Sagada- by Manila-Banaue-Bontoc-Sagada route or Manila-Baguio-Sagada. We took the via Baguio route for two reasons. One, it’s easier especially for first-timers like us, and two, I plan to just stay in (good ol’) Baguio just in case a bad weather awaits us in Benguet province.

We were fortunate to still catch the last trip from Caloocan to Baguio. Victory Liner’s info desk has told me that daily last trip is 12 midnight but by 1140PM, the bus was already leaving the terminal. Perhaps it’s because the bus was already full so we, as chance passengers, were seated on the last row. After an hour, Dan and I were already in the "land of dreams".

the_bloodsucker says:
gelo: oo... di niyo kasi ako sinamahan ni sarj. hahaha! buti na lang sinamahan ako ni bantay! =D
the_bloodsucker says:
rein: tips? wala... you should discover sagada's secrets by yourself. that's the biggest adventure of it and that's my only tip! =D
sunstroke says:
talagang tinuloy mo ha... ;)
Sagada