monkeys can be mean

Cha Am Travel Blog

gibbon

Yeah that's right.  Those soft furred, doe eyed, old man faced, cuddly, human like mammals we like to see eating bananas in trees can be evil sons of bitches.  They're bored out of there mind, trapped in little cages, with no where to go, nothing to do, some with no other monkey for comfort.  So they get excitement in there dy by terrorizing us volunteers.  All we want to do is give back.  Care for them because they're disabled and all fucked up from what man has done to them and we feel bad for that, so we try and give them food and water and clean their home, and those little fuckers pull our hair, scratch our hands, bite us, hiss at us, sometimes show us there butts, and are constantly laughing and mocking us.  It's obscene, offensive, and so human like it's hard to remember that they're little monkeys.

But I generalize, not all monkeys are that stressed or bored or downright evil.  Like humans, they react to environments and situations in different ways.  Some are downright sweethearts.  Who smile as you walk by almost like they're thanking you for your sevice, they wave, they coo and they're soo damn cute you just want to reach out and give 'em a kiss.

Macaques, gibbons, and langurs.  There's over 111 monkeys/apes and I'm trying to understand they're personalities so I know who can be trusted, whose putting on a show, and whose just psychotic.

Randy006 says:
I lived in Cha-Am Thailand for ten months. While living there I visited a park near the mountain there many times. I took photos of the Langurs living wild there, they also had some barking deer there that were fenced in. Not far from this park we would go down a dirt road where many monkeys came to eat bananas people had left for them. When I get the chance I'll have to upload some of the photos. I also visited an old palace of Rama IV in Phetchaburi the monkeys there roamed wild and were a bit aggressive at times. They would try and steal anything you had, water bottles, sunglasses, camera. You have to be very careful when you have twenty or thirty of these guys looking for a handout. I thought it was a truly wonderful experience none the less.
Posted on: Dec 02, 2009
tvillingmarit says:
Oh yes, just like people
Posted on: Jun 03, 2008