Rainy Season

Cha Am Travel Blog

So Thailand is generally known to have 3 seasons, hot, cool and rainy.  To a westerner Thailand is always hot and I just happen to be here during there rainy season.  It's hot and muggy during the day and at around 3pm every day starts the torrential downpours.  They last a good couple of hours and bring out all sorts of creatures.  Poisonous millipedes, 10 foor long king cobra's, in addition to the creatures already sharing my bedroom; spiders, lizards, ants, the list of creepy crawlies could go on.  But what did I expect living in the jungles of thailand with no hot water, no flushing toilet, not even a real roof?

The accomodations are actually better than expeceted.  We have a great volunteer house, with tv, dvd, karaoke, bar, magazines, books, lots to do and to keep us entertained.  Plus there's a couple dozen volunteers ages ranging from 18-31 and a dozen more to show up in the next week or so.  It's a good bunch of people and I've even planned a trip with a couple of the girls to get down to the islands for some sun and scuba diving.  Only 16 days left in Thailand.  I best be getting out of this cafe and back to work.

Cha Am