Sandy Beach Travel Blog

Sandy Beach

...From the gorgeous Hanauma Bay, the next place I couldn’t drive past because it was too pretty was Sandy Beach. Here I hopped out of the car, took my shoes off and got some sand between my toes, watched some swimmers and surfers for a little while before Mel’s growling tummy dictated that we head off again before she ripped my arm off and started chewing on it.

The restaurant we were heading for is in a little town called Kailua still a little way around the coast, so I had to apologise to Mel, because I was not going to miss any of the scenery along the way. I didn’t know what time the restaurant would open and didn’t want to get there to find it still closed, so I just enjoyed my drive. I have since found out they serve breakfast from 7am until 2 pm daily.

It is vital to know what it is that is important to your travelling companions before heading off with them. Mel had said she wanted to explore the rest of the island, but her idea of exploring is very different to mine. She would have been happy exploring the view from her beach towel on a beach, where as I like to see the sights and get into all the little nooks and crannies of a place, to find treasures that may be off the beaten path. So in the end I compromised and just stopped at places along the way where I could see the view from near where I parked the car so if Mel chose to stay in the car she could...

Sunflower300 says:
I do! I do! Take me! Take me! :) Which city shall we hit first?
Posted on: Jun 27, 2008
Sweetski says:
It is give and take in life. I always try to choose a different friend for each type of vacation. A road trip is best done with my friend Eelco, hiking and backpacking with my friend Vicky, I would go to any museum with Sarah-Elaine, climbing with Hylke, laying on the beach with my sister and educational and cultural places are best visited with my wife. Now, who wants to go on a city trip with me?
Posted on: Jun 27, 2008