From Taipei to Thailand

Bangkok Travel Blog

Thai dogs in a basket!

I've been in Taipei for about a month now, and after all the  free meals, backrubs, and constant A/C thanks to my brother and relatives. I kind of regret leaving. Being as how I come to Taiwan pretty regularly, I didn't get much touristy stuff done. But I did take a dive course to get PADI certified in preparation for Thailand, so that was pretty cool.

Our flight was at 9 AM, so we left around 6, just to be on the safe side. And after a night of moving and packing, I had only gotten a couple of hours of sleep, so I was pretty exhausted. Getting checked in and on board was pretty painless, and after finding my seat, I passed out immediately.

After arriving, I was still pretty tired, so my first order of business was to find some accomodations. Due to my procrastinating nature and poor planning ability (actually, lack of any planning ability at all), I had no idea where I was staying. All signs and advice were pointing to Khao San, so I caught a bus. And before I knew it, I was in backpacker central. I managed to find a single for 200 baht, which sounded like a good deal. What I failed to realize was, my only window was facing the street. on the second floor. It was way to hot to close the window, so I just had to put up with the constant commotion and blaring of house music right outside till the wee hours of the morning. ugh. That'll teach me to roll with the no plan plan...

aiohdmg says:
Better to see the room firstly before admit!
Finally u change the rooom..right?!

Take a good care.
Posted on: Jul 01, 2008
ginobobino says:
Hope you end up finding a better place to crash. Except for the noise, it looks like it's working out pretty well for you so far...
Posted on: Jun 30, 2008