Munich

Munich Travel Blog

Munich was an awesome city and I wish I had another day here, but my flight to Rome is tomorrow morning.  There is a lot to see here and I just didnt have time to do it all.  Yesterday I went around downtown Munich to see all the buildings and Beer Gardens.  The streets were full of people in traditional Bavarian dress because it was the celebration of Munichs 850th Birthday.  I met up with three other guys from my hostel for the tour and then to explore the city.

This morning I took a trip out to Neuschwanstein Castle.  Its a castle build on the top of a gorge in the alps.  Its quite a site to see and was the inspiration for the Disney castles.  I met a lot of people on the trip including a couple of engineers who are in town for a conference.  One of the couples is from near the Columbus area and I spent a good amount of time talking with them.  I got a beer stein and couple of other larger items today at the castle since everything in Munich was closed yesterday for the celebration and the couple from Ohio is taking them back for me since they have room in their suitcase and they have daughters who backpacked and know how hard it is to squeeze everything in.

I head to Rome in the morning, but need to wrap this up because I'm almost out of time.
Neuschwanstein Castle