Leaving Rome

Rome Travel Blog

Im heading from Rome to Florence via Pisa today.  My train leaves in about an hour, but Im right across from the station so I thought Id write a quick update.  Rome has been great and I had a ton of fun here.  I did all the touristy things like the Trevi Fountain, Colosseum, Vatican, etc.  The Vatican was incredible.  I couldnt believe how big the museum was.  I was actually a bit disappointed in the Sistine Chapel, but St. Peters made up for it.  It was absolutely massive and beautiful.  I ended up spending most of my time here with a few Australians.  We are all traveling alone, but were in the same hostel room so it worked out pretty well.  We went for Gelato about twice a day and would usually get one while we wandered around the piazzas at night.

And Ill admit to David that Rome is better than Paris.

klmullaly says:
WOW, that was a tough admission!! :) Glad you had fun in Rome... you sure have met a lot of people from all over the world! Glad you are having such a good time! Love Dad..Mom says hi, she is driving right now and I just read this to her
Posted on: Jun 20, 2008
dmullaly says:
It was a long time coming, but I thank you for your honesty. :-) Hope you walked through the ruins of the Forum on your way back from the Colosseum. Glad you got to fully enjoy the gelato...enjoy Pisa and Firenze.

Posted on: Jun 20, 2008