peacing out to light up tomorrow

Garajau Travel Blog

Well nothing much of vital importance to say about this day. I did a few walks in Garajau and met the nice Portuguese friendliness. Also had my first swim during this holliday. I decided wisely to do this in the late afternoon because during the day a lot of seniors were occupying the swimming pool regarding to it as their ideal holliday habitat! They spend their entire holliday reading magazines, having an occasional swim and sunbathing. I suppose therefore Madeira is for them the perfect destination but come on people there is plenty more to be discovered on such an island, get out of your hotel cocoon!  Anyway they aren't all the same off course. As it was early September there weren't that many young people you see, quite a pitty.

In my search for food at noon in Garajau I decided to try a Madeiran restaurant in the neighbourhood of the hotel to feel the true senses and tastes of the island. I was welcomed by a beautiful Portuguese younglady but I wasn't single at that point so then I focussed again on the menu! There weren't that many people in the restaurant because Portuguese usually have their meals later than in Belgium. She came back later on with a big plate, she must have been thought I was starving! A large steak with LOADS of vegetables, rice in the middle and french fries. Absolutely delicious and I was glad this was accompanied by a 0,5l Coral beer. Strangely enough this beer is brewed in my countries capital Brussels. I recognised the taste and I think it's comparable to a Belgian Jupiler. For a meal you get twice as more food in Madeira and it costs about 5 euro less compared to Belgium. As a dessert the younglady was so kind to serve me a glass of Madeiran wine in the afternoon sun. Great Great!  Also went to a little shop fin Garajau's centre for drinks and some food and here for for little money as well.

fishing boat