You Have To Take The Good With The Bad

Santarem Travel Blog

Today we docked in the town of Santarem so would be able to spend a few hours there seeing the sights. We did see the town and plenty of fruit stands. This ample time to stock up on some delicious fresh fruit and to of course buy a few more bottles of vodka and cachaca.

Thalywan was really annoying us today. Just too get attention, he poured our last can of guaraná all over the book I was trying to read. I think I may have to kill him. Perhaps I could have one of my loyal subjects do it for me. If I just threw him overboard, sure nobody would notice for some time would they??? Does this make me a bad person that I actually thought those things?

We tried our best to ignore him for the rest of the day. Instead Tamiris got most of our attention. She was an amazingly cute kid who followed me every step I took on board the boat but would never say anything (Look for the girl wearing pink in the background of some of the photos). As it turned out I sat beside her brother on the way from Jericoacoara, she was on the bus too. She is very quiet but that was a pleasant change from Thalywan today. She gave me a little black bracelate which I still wear today and Simon gave her one of his.

Santarem