What Do We Do With The Drunken Sailor.........

Amazon Travel Blog

The toilets on this ship are pure disgusting. Trying to have a shower in one feels like a complete contradiction in terms. I honestly do not know if I was cleaner before I went through my showering ordeal or afterwards.

Seeing Adam still in his hammock fast asleep rocking above our lunch table quickly made me forget about this mornings shower and hangover. While we ate we noticed a pod of pink dolphins playing off the ships bow, what a wonderful sight.

After lunch we got talking to a lovely Portuguese family who were on board. A really lovely family. The two daughters were roughly our age so invited them to join us. Catarina never stops smiling, no matter what is said, it must be great to be so genuinely happy.

Sarah was still following us around, which is not hard when the boat only has 3 short decks. Clearly all the other parents had the same idea as Sarah's as before I knew it, we had a whole gang of children sitting around us as if we were teachers in a class room or at least cult leaders with a highly loyal following. Although, I must admit I found the idea of starting a cult to have dozens of loyal followers willing to do my will very appealing but it might work best if they can understand you.

One of the little boys in particular, Thalywan, took a particular liking to me, apparently he confused me for his father which is quite odd as most Irish men do not get confused with Brazilians!

Amazon