All Good Things Unfortunately Come To An End

Manaus Travel Blog

What A Sight!!

This day really just crept up on all of us. It is as if we had forgotten about our lives before that first day when we set our feet inside the rainforest. We had adapted. We had even become accustomed to each others little habits. I may even find it difficult to sleep without hearing Deuzimar snoring away happily in his nearby hammock.

At this side of my jungle experience, I now feel that it is much less about where I was but the experiences that I shared while I was there. Of course the experience of being in the Amazon is undoubtedly a big one. It is the little moments that will live with me for the rest of my days. Even the heart wrenchingly scaring moments of being attacked by jaguars or the joy of cooking a capybara stuffed with hot rocks in a pit. Stumbling across a crystal clear waterfall or being harassed by the same wierd flying insect for the whole trip!

After a two hours in a crappy motor boat we made it back to the village we started off in.

The Long Goodbye After 20 Odd Days Of One Of The Best Experiences Of My Life...Can You See Bob??
Oddly I heard my name being called! It was our Chef Jackson who despite having no English tried telling me that his village jungle lodge had a toilet unlike the one we came across in the jungle. It was great to have a drink in his house before getting in the car back to Manaus.

Back in town, we only had a few hours before both our flights. I was going to Canada and Simon was going to make his way to Argentina. As much as we had become great friends of the past weeks, we would revel in our time apart.

We set off to see the town and get some food. While in a book shop, a local girl, Dani got talking to us and ended up offering to take us somewhere for food. We ended up spending the rest of the day together. It is a major shame that we couldnt spend more time together. She really was a lot of fun even though we met in the most unlikely of circumstances. She took us to the airport and exchanged emails for when she is next over in Europe to meet up again.

Once in the airport in came to the time for myself and Simon to finally say goodbye too. Our flights departed at the same time but opposite ends of the airport. For some reason I thought this parting of ways would be a hell of a lot more emotional as we had practically lived in each other's pockets for the past month. I guess we both knew that we would be staying in contact and would always meet up again.

derekbilldaly says:
Thank you very kindly, glad you enjoyed! :)
Posted on: Oct 26, 2013
cotton_foam says:
Many congrats on this featured blog of yours!
Posted on: Oct 24, 2013
What A Sight!!
The Long Goodbye After 20 Odd Days…
The Long Goodbye After 20 Odd Day…
photo by: travelman727