The Adventure Begins

Amazon Travel Blog

We had a great night out and about in Manaus but by morning, the realisation hit us like a stone through a window that we should get a move on if we wanted to find a guide. Our grand search through all of the independent guides of Manaus was as vast as it was extensive... we went with the first one that we found!! Our guide's name was Deuzimar, a nice guy who appeared to love movies just about as much as me although his English was not the strongest nor was his Portuguese oddly enough.

We quickly ran around the shops and bought anything that we thought we would need and then set of in the car as far as we could go and then set off in Deuzimar's little boat.

Tonight we stayed in a little Jungle Lodge run by a company called Christian Tours (I dont like to publicly bad mouth people but feel free to message me about this man, DO NOT go with this company whatever you do!!). We would only spend a night here and thank god. It was full of tourists who were happy enough to sit in their hammock with the jungle in the distance complaining of the amount of bugs and rain. What did they expect from a rainforest?? We wanted to be out in that jungle carving out our own beaten track and see what we could find, adventure.

photo by: Mezmerized