It hasn't started yet!!

Sydney Travel Blog

The title says it all LOL.

This is going to be a real adventure for me, one way or another.  I'm visiting a country I've never been to before, on a style of trip I've not done before.  It is likely that I will have to use my limited bahasa Indonesia at some point.  I'll be seeing and experiencing things that are entirely new to me, and I can't wait!!

The first two weeks of my trip are known to me:
  • July 11 - Arrive in Jakarta.  Meet with a friend the following day for some sight seeing
  • July 13 - travel to Jogja by train
  • July 14 - July 29 - stay in Jogja to take some Indonesian lessons.  Also visit Borobudur, Prambanan, Mt. Merapi and generally soak up the culture
After that, I'll be visiting some combination of east Kalimantan, north Sumatra and north and south Sulawesi.  Don't know the exact dates yet, and depending how things go, my plans might change.  I might choose to spend more time in Kalimantan for example, and skip Sumatra this time around.

I would welcome travel buddies in Kalimantan, Sumatra and Sulawesi, so if you're heading to these places during August, and are looking for a travel companion, let me know!