Everland - Korean Disneyland

Yongin Travel Blog

My good friend Terry has a couple kids, one ten and one seven, really great kids actually. Of course they love things like Disneyland and Seoul happens to have such a theme park. The weather was warm and nice and I’ve never been to a theme park outside the US, so it sounded like a fun idea to check it out.

I think of the US as the international capital of rollercoasters and thrill rides so I really didn’t have high expectation for Everland. However, I was pleasantly surprised. The park was well laid out and although there were several of the “standard fare” type rides, there was a couple of really good rollercoasters. The best was the “Express,” billed as the steepest wooden rollercoaster in the world.  It’s built around an area meant to represent the Swiss or Austrian Alps and is supposed to be a bobsled type of theme. I was a lot of fun and well worth waiting to ride in the front car!

Also, it was entertaining to see the Korean take on the “American Adventure” part of the park as well as the “European Adventure” part. I always enjoy seeing how one culture portrays another. Anyway, it was warm, sunny and a great day to be outside. The park was not terribly crowded like some of the parks I’ve been to in the US and of course the kids had a great time which started off my long week there on the right foot! Yay!

photo by: voordax