Mt Davis YHA

Hong Kong Travel Blog

Compared to my previous trips, this HK self-organised trip is quite hastily planned. I have to plan amist the busy work schedule but somehow, I managed to get the itinerary roughly drawn up one week before, get all the money exchanged (I prefer cash) 3 days before, pack my day few hours before we left for airport. This is the second time I am taking Jetstar, but for my sister, it was her first. So, I dont know how she can cope with the budget quality.

Similarly, she was overwhelmed by the small seat and expensive meals, but we managed to get over it. We grew quite excited but as the plane started descending, we realised that there might not be enough time for us to cover one of the night markets as initally planned, because we had to catch the free shuttle bus to the hostel we booked before 10.

30pm. So We did a lot of major changes to our schedule, and strike off Macau.

Mt Davis is the only YHA hostel I can find in HK island, so the adventure of the first day is to locate the hostel. At least I manage to find some direction instructions on the internet, and we made our way to Sheun Wan station. And had a Macau meal for supper (to make up for the cancelled Macau excursion).

At first we thought the bus ride would be short and sweet. But we were wrong. As the hostel was located on top of Mt Davis path, the bus driver has to negogiate alot of curves to reach the hostel. It was rough, like roller coaster. But at least both of us do not have motion sickness. Though it was troublesome for us to reach the hostel, it was worth the rough journey because after we checked in and went up to the dorms, what greeted us was the sea view between HK island and Qing Yi island if I am not wrong. Because the Tsing ma bridge can be clearly seen from the hostel.

It took us some time to settle down and we did some planning on what to do the next day. We decided to go Lam Tsuen to see the wishing tree which was featured so many times in HK dramas, and then spend the afternoon in Lantau Island, then spend the evening shopping at Fa Yuen street and Ladies street.