Last day

Stockholm Travel Blog

We woke up a little bit late today, as we were quite tired. Everything we did was on foot, so we had done tons of kms walking around the city. Before doing anything we stopped in T-Centralen to leave our suitcases in a locker. Then we went to Södermalm. It is extremely difficult to remember all these names, so I just have to look it up in my guide every 5 minutes. What a difficult language!

Nacho had some meetings so I decided to take a tour around this new island!. First thing I did was to enjoy the views from Mosebacke terrace. At the time I got there it was still closed, so I just took some photos and headed west towards Katarina Kyrka. It is church built in seventeen hundreds but it is not that impressive. I continued walking to the west until I reached Fjällgatan, which it is said one of the nicest streets there.
It was a hot day so I stopeed in a beautiful cafeteria with nice views over Gamla Stan. On the way I came a across a vegeterian restaurant recommended in Lonely Planet called Hermans. I am writting a review about it.

Once I was done with Fjällgatan I followed Renstirnas Gata towards SoFo, one of the trendiest neighbourhoods in Stockholm! There I went in a nice cafeteria which based all its decoration in the movie industry. I took some photos, so you can see them in the blog too. I walked all around this neighbourhood and on the way I found tons of stores, cafeterias and restaurants. Actually, I was surprised to see so many people when I got to Götgatan Street. Woaow, I guess all locals were there! ☺ there were a couple of squares full of people having lunch or a nice ice cream.
Before moving back to Gamla Stan I headed to Hermans to have lunch.

My legs hurt but now I know why. From Djurgärden I walked through Gamla Stan and headed to the City Hall, where they celebrate the Nobel prizes. From there I went walking towards Ostermalm until I came across a very amusing street, its name was Drottningg. There I found tons of souvenirs stores and many other brands. I guess that it must be one of the most important shopping areas. Then, from here I went to Humle �"Garden. I was amazed by the number of students lying down on the grass. It is next to the National Library. I guess that Ostermalm is the rich side of the city, as I came across many expensive stores and restaurants. Houses looked very nice too.

By the way, during both days the city is been hosting day parties all around.
It seems that young kids have just finished studying, so everyone is celebrating the end of School. On Thursday we saw a big group of yound kids drinking alcohol and singing at 10 in the morning! Party time! They also drove all around he city in big trucks and playing very loud music. If anyone from Stockholm reads this, please let me know what this is all about. I asked a couple of times, but did not tell me any details ☺

Next stop was Djurgärden again, as I wanted to visit Skansen Park! And I did everthing walking! I just followed Djurgärdswägen street all the way until it ends. On the way you find restaurants which are quite cosy and I even came across a small market. On the way back I bought a ticket for Skansen Park. I had been hearing a lot about it, so I decided to go in and see what was in there.
I took some photos so you will get an idea...

I was extremely tired, so I went to a nice park located next to Vasamuseet, took my shoes off, and had a nice nap on the grass! ☺ Actually some loud music woke me up as there was a concert about to start! Woaw, this is the non-stopping city! I wonder what all these guys do when the winter comes…. I had dinner at Strandbryggan again! I loooooove that place!... ☹ the trip is reaching its end… as once I finished dinner, I went to the T- Centralen to get my luggage and took the Arlanda Express to the hotel… I am definitely coming back! So far, it is the best European city I have been to.
kristinasub says:
i'm back to see more and i really enjoyed :o)
Posted on: Jun 03, 2008
kristinasub says:
Ah, beautiful Stockholm ! :o) Your blog reminds me and get back to 7 beautiful days i spend there :o) But i was in December and was one of the coldest winter in last 10 years, uh, you can't imagine ... but even that we enjoyed in Kingly Stockholm . Only what wasn't possible to see because of coldest and snow was Djurgarden and Skansen ... so, it's one more reason to go there again :o) You really done good tour for just 2 days and i believe after you saw this beautiful "Northern Queen" you'll go again. I hardly wait your photos :o) to enjoy in spring Stockholm :o)))
Posted on: May 30, 2008
Stockholm Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Vegeterian with views
What an excelent pick! It is recommended in Lonely Planet and other guides too! I had "buffet" and a beer for 120 crowns, which is around 12 euros. E… read entire review