as time goes by...

London Travel Blog

It's been a while since I updated & that really is because I haven't done much travelling.

I'm settled into my house & my job, and most of January was spent nursing my financial status back to some kind of health.  I was also nursing myself back to physical health, as this town seems determined to beat me down with constant colds & flu.

But I have been trying to utilise my weekends & see some of the local sights of London...

• I spent a day @ Greenwich & saw the Royal Observatory & the National Maritime Museum.
  • I've also checked out the Tate Modern gallery, which is housed in an old power station.
  • Last weekend I went to the Borough Markets - which is basically foodie heaven, so I found it rather awesome!
  • At the start of Jan I caught up with Jen & Genna from camp, which was really fun

We've also had a couple of snow-days here in London (and no one was more surprised than the Londoners).  The first was only an inch or two, but the second was a good few inches & schools were closed etc.  It was all very exciting & I have to say London looks much prettier when wearing a white blanket!

It's funny how excited I got, coz I grew up with much more snow than that in our own backyard, but that seems like a distant memory...

with Genna & Jen